Home » Meetings
ALTINAY is an engineering company that pioneered industrial robotics in Turkey since its early beginnings in 1990. During the presentation about the company, students and teachers learned about the technologies of car production, glass processing, production systems and how the machines are used for production. He also mentioned welding and joining applications. For all these, he suggested and emphasized the importance of learning different kinds of programme coding. He showed some 3D simulations of how machines and system work and also about more advanced technologies. The teachers and students were informed about the worldwide companies that Altınay work with. Then, all the group visited the department where they design the pieces and learnt information about how they do it.
Ülker, whose history goes back to 1944, is one of the best loved brand names in Turkey. Ülker manufactures a wide span of products such as biscuits, chocolate, candy, chewing gum, liquid oil, dairy products, carbonated beverages, ice cream, coffee and baby food. Students and teachers watched an introduction video. The presenter gave participants information about Ülker factories in Turkey and the products (different kinds of biscuits,crackers,cakes), with daily production numbers. Then safety expert informed about the rules and told us what we should do. After the presentation, all the group wore shoe, head and body covers, and walked along the production line seeing how they mix powder ingredients, making it dough and shaping and adding chocolate, packaging…etc. The company visit ended with distribution of a package including Ülker’s biscuits, crackers and cakes.
Canovate Electronics is one of the top 10 global companies in terms of quality, technology and product portfolio in two main product categories “DATA CENTER” and end-to-end “FIBER OPTIC” solutions founded 50 years ago in the spirit of innovation. After the presentation about the company, the participants were taken to the production part of the company.
The evaluation results – Teachers
The evaluation results – Students
The second transnational meeting of the project took place in Râmnicu Vâlcea, Romania between the 21st of November and the 25th of November, 2017 at COLEGIUL ENERGETIC.
The participants of the meeting were 3 teachers from Turkey, 2 teachers from Latvia, 2 teachers from Spain, 2 teachers from Croatia, and over 10 teachers from Romania.
The main goals of the meeting were:
- Work on E-learning platform;
- Discussions on the project progress;
- Work on ETwinning;
- Discussions about future mobilities and financial aspects;
- Discussions about Mobility Tool and final report;
- Results of the survey completed by students – The importance of the Learning platform;
- Certificates for students working on the platform – models and database of the exams results;
- Visit to the Chamber of Commerce – presentation about entrepreneurs from Valcea County;
- Group work – the achievements and problems of students business plans;
- Business ideas – Workshop;
- Visit to known entrepreneurs/ companies from Valcea county – Sano Vita, Vilmar, Gammastil;
- Reflection and evaluation of the meeting.
The 21st of November
The project partners from Latvia, Turkey, Spain and Croatia arrived in Râmnicu Vâlcea and they were welcomed by the Romanian team. The teachers participated to an informal dinner, where they had the chance to make new friends.
The 22nd of November
The participants of the project were welcomed by the Headmaster of Colegiul Energetic, teachers, students and local representatives. In the introduction, the hosts welcomed the guests and informed the participants on the meeting programme. Young entrepreneurs from Colegiul Energetic presented their business or future business.
The groups of teachers from each country shared presentations about local activities from the beginning of the project in 2015 until now. All teams impressed the audience.
The work session included:
- Organization of the project – goals of the project
- It was presented the report of the survey ”The Importance of the Learning Platform”
- Certificates for students working on the platform
Before lunch, the teachers were invited to visit The Chamber of Commerce. Here, they found out information about the entrepreneurship in Valcea County.
The work session continued at Vâlcea County Library with group work (discussions about the web page of the project, ETwinning, Mobility tool, final report) and with an interesting workshop ”Handmade by Ozana” – a good idea for business.
In the evening, the students and teachers attended a wonderful concert at ”Victor Giuleanu” Art High School, in partnership with Colegiul Energetic. The participants appreciated the students’ performance and enjoyed the activity.
The day ended with a relaxing dinner, where the participants got the chance to improve their English skills and to find out more about the educational systems and cultural aspects from all the countries.
The 23th of November, 2017
The day started with a work session at Valcea County Library.
The participants discussed about:
- The achievements and problems of students business plans, discussions about job market;
- Mobilities – confirmation of the destinations and periods;
- Financial aspects;
- Planning next meeting;
- Reflection of the meeting.
Then the participants visited some representative companies from Valcea county:
–SanoVita is a manufacturer and processor certified by the relevant authorities for the following activities:
– Manufacture of grain products (extruded, expanded, pasta), fruit and vegetable juices and soybean (tofu)
– Storage, packing and trading of food products: cereals (pressed, extruded, expanded, germ, bran, flour, gluten, starch, pasta), oil seeds, dried and expanded grain, sugar, dried and candied fruits, salt.
The company is counting more than 20 years of experience in the field of food education, education through the offer of high quality products, made with the latest technology, protecting at the same time the environment.
Covering 25 hectares of which 10 are workshops hosting the latest technology equipment, employing a staff of nearly 400, being directly connected to the major transportation routes, the company is located in the southern industrial zone of Ramnicu Valcea city.
Vilmar manufactures and sells a diversified range of technological equipment and components parts used in several industries: petroleum and natural gas, chemical, petrochemical, energy, mining, nuclear, water, subsea, etc.
Gammastil – Natural remedies
There is a 5 store chain selling a wide range of medicinal and aromatic herbs, food supplements and cosmetics in the form of teas, tinctures, extracts, capsules containing solid or liquid, regular or coated tablets, syrups, solutions for internal use or external, ova, suppositories, creams, gels, perfumes, etc.
At the request of consumers, they also sell gluten-free products, various kinds of cereals and dried fruits, intimate hygiene products, diapers for babies and old ladies, etc.
In the evening participants visited Râmnicu Vâlcea.
The 24th of November, 2017
The last day, participants concluded on their work and discussed about tourism entrepreneurship, visiting Bran Castle, a landmark of Romania.
After getting back to Râmnicu Vâlcea, all participants had to fill in an evaluation form, regarding the activities performed during this reunion.
In conclusion, the meeting met its goals; the activities were held in a relaxing atmosphere, where everybody enjoyed the time spent together, learning and sharing precious information.
Tenea Codruta, coordinating teacher
From 19 to 25 March 2017, students and teachers (from Romania, Turkey, Spain, Latvia, and Croatia) participated in the activities of the third meeting of the project ERASMUS+ KA219 ”LEARNING PLATFORM: Young people entrepreneurial skill development possibilities “held in Slavonski Brod – Croatia.
The objectives of the activities were as follows:
- Presentation of business plans designed by six students of each partner school.
- Study of business opportunities and market research.
- Establishing future activities (workshops, conferences, courses, tests, power point presentations, evaluation, and dissemination) and their loading on Moodle platform.
- Establishing next transnational meetings (Romania).
- Developing the skills of teamwork and socialization.
- Developing communication skills in English.
- Learning about the Serbian-Croatian traditions and culture.
The First day
Project activities began with presenting some cultural aspects of the region Slavonski Brod – Croatia by dances and traditional music.
After the opening show, students and teachers visited the school, were impressed by the equipment and work labs and offices, specifically in the agro-industrial field of work (veterinary labs, plant cultivation by micro propagation, chemistry, nutrition, forestry, horticulture, floriculture, greenhouses and plantation of herb labs, vegetables and lavender)
Equipping laboratories, landscaped gardens and plantations have been carried out mostly by European Projects, supporting students and teachers to develop entrepreneurial activities.
The Second day
Our first destination was Broski Varos, where we learned the love story of a couple of storks Klepetan and Malena, a representative story of the local community as a tourist attraction.
The second location we visited was ATLANTIC GROUP Company that produces nutritional supplements for athletes. We had no permission to take pictures inside the department of production.
Day 2 ended with a visit to Stara Kapela (Village Museum) where we had the opportunity to taste traditional dishes, to become familiar with aspects of the culture and traditions in the region (traditional folk music, old houses, occupations).
The Third day
This day was devoted to learning activities, socialization, and teamwork. Finished products were made (handmade jewellery, decorations, practical laboratory work, gardening) presentations and posters.
The second part of the day was provided with a visit to the GEO PLAN Company, a surveying company, cadastre and geodesy, where students had the opportunity of learning how to use diverse surveying equipment.
The visit at the TDA Company, one of the largest printing press in Slavonski Brod, gave us the opportunity of seeing the types of printers used in publicity.
The Fourth day
The teachers’s meeting had as main objectives the following:
- Study of business opportunity and market research for each country.
- Courses and evaluations.
- Establishing future activities (workshops, conferences, courses, tests, power point presentations, evaluation, and dissemination) and the loading platform of the Moodle project.
- Establishing next transnational meetings (Romania).
- Feedback of the previous activities.
- Working on the Moodle platform
- Promoting European cultural values.
The Fifth day
The project meeting ended with a visit of the capital Zagreb as an opportunity to promote local culture and civilization.
Activities in the third meeting within the following project: ERASMUS+ KA219
”LEARNING PLATFORM: Young people entrepreneurial skill development possibilities” have fully attained the objectives, this provides a very positive feedback on the project’s mission.
Simeanu Iuliana, teacher member
Tenea Codruta, coordinating teacher